Available: Academic Year or Summer
Policy interns participate in every phase of policy development: conducting research, developing messaging, assisting with lobbying activities, coalition building, and much more. Policy interns will attend meetings at the Connecticut General Assembly and during the Spring Semester, interns will get a first hand experience of a Connecticut Legislative Session.
- Assist with research on family economic success policy, including creation of measurement instruments, data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Transform research into policy recommendations and share with legislators;
- Assist in developing messaging and lobbying materials;
- Attend coalition meetings;
- Organize and participating in press conferences and lobby days.
- Interest in the policy process
- Strong writing and organizational skills
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Contact Information:Elizabeth Fraser, email@example.com, Policy Coordinator.